As I posted on my Facebook page (Steve Danielson - Composer) that back in December and into the new year, I was working on a new set of pieces called Semper Solus In Turba. I finished them right before I went back to school in January...but I was never really satisfied with No. 1, Semper. I didn't feel that the piece had the same depth as the other two and didn't feel connected to the set. I edited it once and created a central section that had some promise, but I still wasn't satisfied. After talking with Dr. Boers at the University of Washington, I had the germ of what I needed to do to fix it. At that point, though, school became very busy and I did not have the time to get back to the project. I'm happy to say that I have finally been able to sit down and complete the song much more to my satisfaction. I still need to add the dynamic markings, but once I do that, I'll be able to post the set and start to look for a choir to perform them.
I am going to begin working on a new piece very soon. I will be writing a new piece for the Nisqually Middle School Honor Choir (just formed last week!) that they will premiere this spring. I will let you know when I have motion on that composition.
Lastly, I've decided to write a large orchestral/choral work. I have started working on the introduction. I don't want to say too much about it right now, but I'll let you know as I make more progress.